Our strategic priority is to increase and diversify port business, providing optimised and environmentally-sound services to existing and prospective customers and stakeholders.
A world-class port with decades of experience, our facilities, services, and commitments set us apart to add value to your operations.
Our transformational £420M investment in South Harbour allows us to offer unparalleled capacity to support projects of all sizes and requirements. The new facility is already attracting vessels and project activity that would have previously sailed past the city, often destined for a European port, capable of handling their requirements.
- More than 7,000 metres of quayside with expansive laydown areas and heavy-lift capability, offering optimal berthing solutions from quick turnarounds to long-term projects.
- We have the capacity and capability to accommodate larger vessels up to 300m in length, with 2,800 metres of deep-water berths to a maximum depth of -15 metres.
- As an integrated logistics and services hub, customers can streamline cargo handling, warehousing, customs clearance, freight forwarding, and transportation, to optimise the flow of goods, reduce costs, and enhance efficiency.
- The South Harbour hinterland presents significant opportunities for new facilities to locate adjacent to or near the port, further improving logistics and efficiency for these developments.
Skilled workforce and supply chain
- Our people have the skills, knowledge, and experience to identify and deliver flexible, customer-centric solutions.
- Engaging early with our expert port team can unlock value throughout a project's lifecycle.
- Extensive network of readily available resources, experienced suppliers, and skilled workforce across the region can reduce lead times and project costs
- Our close proximity to offshore energy projects enables efficient transportation and reduced logistical costs.
- Direct access to major shipping routes ensures global connectivity to more than 40 countries.
- Well-developed road, rail, and air connections enable seamless transportation and logistics for personnel and equipment to and from the port.
- We provide a safe, high-quality, and responsive service to our customers.
- Our professional, flexible, and value-adding solutions minimise risk and project costs.
Strong safety focus
- We prioritise protecting people across the port estate.
- Our robust safety culture, performance, and processes reduce the potential for accidents.
- Our net zero strategy ambitiously targets net zero emissions across scope 1, 2, and 3 by 2040 – the only UK port to do so.
- Significant commitments for investment in green infrastructure, such as shore power and future fuels, will reduce the carbon footprint of both the port and its customers.
- As a leading port for maritime decarbonisation, we offer opportunities for strategic partnerships and collaboration on innovative green projects